Summer craft show season is one of my favorite time’s of year. I love strolling through market stalls and finding unique gifts and art made by talented artists. But being a maker at one of these shows is no walk in the park! How do you even know if your handmade business is ready to take on a market? And what questions should you ask before you hand over hundreds of dollars for booth fees?
I’m a strong believer in diversifying your income streams in your handmade business, and adding craft shows to your plate can be a great way to make extra money. For my May 2018 Instagram LIVE series, I’m covering the ins-and-outs of being successful at craft shows. Follow along every Tuesday at 7pm EST while I cover how to keep your craft show application out of the “NO” pile, how to convert craft show customers into lifelong fans, and everything in between.
In this IG LIVE, I covered:
- Lessons I learned from my first craft show
- Why size matters when it comes to handmade markets
- Understanding craft show fees
- The difference between a craft show, market, and a festival
- How to write your best craft show application, every time