This post contains affiliate links. Comment below if you have questions.
One of the best things about my trip to NYC at the beginning of the year was getting to meet some of my favorite crochet designers and bloggers in real life. I admire them all so much and they inspire me to keep creating in my corner of the world. We’ve all been chatting via email and Instagram for so long, it felt like we knew each other already. So seeing each other in person felt like the best kind of family reunion.
Ashleigh from Sewrella was one of the kind souls I got to meet (along with her nice husband) at a mixer for Love Knitting/ Love Crochet. I’ve been following her blog and Youtube channel for ages and I’m always so inspired by the amazing ideas she has. I’ve got my eye on her Ruffle Sleeve Cardigan for the day when I magically have free time! Ashleigh is primarily a crocheter and does such inventive things with shape and color. Best of all – all of her patterns are available for free on her blog, and most come with a complete video tutorial to make the whole project.
After having some time to hang in the city, I was pleased as punch when she contacted me about Happy Yarn Mail. It’s a monthly subscription service that includes an exclusive pattern, all the supplies needed to make the project, and a link to a start-to-finish video that explains every stitch. What’s not to love! I received my first package in the mail earlier this month.
The project was this adorable Parisian Beret, made from Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca yarn. Friends, when I tell you this stuff is crazy soft, I’m not even exaggerating. It’s the perfect yarn for this hat because it is lightweight and feels amazing on your face. Ashleigh personally picks the yarn and all supplies that come with Happy Yarn Mail , so you can rest assured that you’re only getting the good stuff.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing to a monthly yarn delivery, here are 5 reasons Happy Yarn Mail is the best choice:
- Convenience. Sometimes I want to crochet but I don’t want to think too much. Does that sound horrible? Hear me out: there are days when I just want to grab a project, put on a Law & Order: SVU marathon, and veg out. Happy Yarn Mail doesn’t make you dive into your stash to have a good time. Just grab a crochet hook (it’s the only thing this package doesn’t include) and get to making.
- Fun. I’ve only tried one HYM package so far, but I’ve seen some of the past packages and they all look like so much fun. The projects are quick and you make something you’ll actually want to wear or gift.
- Easy. Ashleigh makes HYM the easiest experience ever. You purchase your kit from the Happy Yarn Mail website, wait
impatiently, and your package arrives on your doorstep by the 1st of the month. Each package includes all the supplies you need along with a well-made video made by Ashleigh herself. Even if you aren’t familiar with some of the techniques used in the pattern, she makes it super simple with her easy-to-follow tutorials.
- Support. If the video wasn’t enough, Ashleigh offers pattern support for your have additional questions. She makes herself accessible via email and her blog throughout the entire process.
- Value. How much would you pay for all of this, delivered to your doorstep each month? What if I said it was only $19.95? I’m not even kidding! HYM is the absolute best value for a yarn subscription service currently available. HYM is offered as a one-time purchase as well as a recurring treat. UPDATE (for the month of April 2018): purchase a recurring subscription for a chance at free HYM for a year! Purchase your subscription here.
I made this fun video for TL Yarn Crafts TV (my YouTube channel) when my package arrived. Watch me unbox my first ever Happy Yarn Mail (and completely bomb at cross stitching on crochet, lol):
Get your hands on your own Happy Yarn Mail from Sewrella now, just in time for May delivery. Use this link for a recurring subscription and you could win a full year of HYM for free!