It’s finally time, friends! I’m ready to spill the beans about the big project I’ve had under wraps for months now. Along with my new friend Jake from Kenyarn, I’m excited to announce the Coles River Crochet Along (CAL), a 6-week event to coincide with the release of my new pattern, the Coles River Kerchief!
I’ve never hosted a crochet along before, but I figured there’s no time like the present. I’m so excited, and I hope you’ll join me on this adventure!
What’s a Crochet Along?
Essentially, a crochet along is an online party for crocheters around the world!
We’ll all start and finish the Coles River Kerchief together, beginning with sourcing our yarn and ending with blocking and styling. The 6-week agenda looks something like this:
- Pre-Game, August 24th – September 3rd: Choosing yarn and making a swatch.
- Week 1, September 4th – 10th: Full pattern arrives in your inbox! Complete Part 1.
- Week 2, September 11th – 17th: Complete Part 2.
- Week 3, September 18th – 24th: Complete Part 3.
- Block Party, September 25th – October 1st: Blocking and styling.
Through our private CAL email list and Facebook group, we’ll share progress, make friends, win prizes, and even use exclusive discounts from our crochet along sponsors.
About the Coles River Kerchief
If you’ve been around TL Yarn Crafts for a while, you know that I released my Flatiron Shawl pattern earlier this year. Getting fingering weight yarn to behave in a crochet pattern was a labor of love and so worth it.
I wanted to challenge myself again and found the perfect opportunity when I was approached via IG direct message from Jake of Kenyarn. Jake is a young indie dyer based on the east coast who likes to have fun with color. I sent him some inspirational photos and the result was two skeins of a gorgeous ice blue yarn.
After many attempts, the perfect shawl emerged! The Coles River Kerchief, named for the Bristol County, Massachusetts landmark, is an asymmetrical shawl with alternate bands of lace and solid stitches. Due to special shaping techniques, the shawl measures 77 inches wide but only 19 inches deep. The pattern is written recipe style, allowing makers to personalize their shawls by adjusting dimensions.
How to Get Involved
Registration for the Coles River CAL opens Friday, August 24th at 7am ET. For $15, registration includes:
- Entry into the private CAL Facebook group
- A spot on the CAL weekly email list
- Entry into all CAL giveaways
- Access to exclusive CAL discounts from sponsors
- Early access to the CAL pattern, the Coles River Kerchief, which won’t be available to the public until the CAL is complete.
Don’t Miss the Wake Up Call!
If you’re on board for the Coles River Crochet Along, sign up for my Cozy Club newsletter right now! Cozy Clubbers will receive additional CAL updates this week AND a 7am wake-up email on registration day.
I can’t explain how excited I am to host this crochet along, and I hope you’ll join me. Gather all of your friends and get ready for a great time!