As we say goodbye to the chills of Halloween and look forward to the warm embrace of the holiday season, now is the best time to update both your wardrobe and living space with these top crochet trends. If you’re curious about which crochet styles dominate this fall, you’re in for a treat! We’re about to delve into the top crochet trends you won’t want to miss this season.
This post contains affiliate links that support the content on TLYCBlog.com. All opinions are my own. Find my Privacy & Disclosures Policy here.
1 // Sweater [Dress] Weather – A Crochet Trend Essential
Sweater dresses are an enduring favorite, and they’re here to stay! With their cozy warmth and distinctive charm, they’re a canvas for your unique style. Layer with fleece-lined leggings, add a bold leather jacket, cinch with a statement belt, and you’ve forged a one-of-a-kind look that’s sure to stand out wherever you go.
Sweater Dress Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Piper Pocket Dress by Courtney A. Clark
- Double Cross Sweater Dress by I Need It Crochet
- Aphrodite Sweater Dress by Anastasia R Smith
- Gertie Pinafore by Holly Woodward Designs
- Cozy Cabled Sweater Dress by I Need It Crochet
2 // Security Blanket – Embrace Cozy Comfort
This crochet trend is about infusing the soothing warmth of home into your attire with cozy ponchos and generously sized scarves. Ponchos should mix function and style, like the cowl necked Tunisian crochet Hot Cocoa Poncho. For scarves, go big, like the fringed Willow Scarf from All About Ami. Elevate the look with thigh-high boots, mini skirts, and wide-brim hats. While keeping ponchos minimalist works wonders, infusing pops of color or finishing touches like beads and fringe can add a unique twist.
Security Blanket Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Hot Cocoa (Tunisian Crochet) by TL Yarn Crafts
- Bestie Scarf by TL Yarn Crafts
- Color Pop Super Scarf by Alexandra Tavel
- The Willow Scarf by All About Ami
- Lori Poncho by Ashlea Konecny
3 // Back to Basics – Timeless Crochet Trends
Simple stitches can create timeless beauty. From classic granny squares to the Tunisian simple stitch, there’s so much to explore. Add a splash of color or a twist in construction to give old designs a fresh look. Ready to try wearables? Start with easy shapes and familiar patterns for a chic result.
Back to Basics Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Ada Shawl & Ada Shawl XL by TL Yarn Crafts
- Rosebud Raglan by Janine Myska
- Whoopa CAL by Tinna Thórudóttir
- Ariana by Amy Christoffers
- Mocha Ripple Afghan by TL Yarn Crafts
4 // Elevate Your Beanie Game
Beanies are a fall wardrobe staple. Instead of settling for generic, slouchy designs, choose those with quality construction and distinctive textures. Thoughtfully crafted beanies not only elevate your style but also ensure longevity. Adding the finishing touches to a casual-cool outfit, they’re perfect for rushing out the door while still feeling put together.
Beanie Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Mesa Hat and Scarf by Toni Lipsey
- Tulip Hat by Luciana Luna
- Marlo Hat + Scarf by TL Yarn Crafts
- Essex Beanie by AlyseCrochet
- Barclay Beanie by TL Yarn Crafts
5// Sophie Inspired – The Crochet Trend Continues
The Sophie Scarf has taken the crafting world by storm. It’s a simple, skinny scarf that elevates any outfit. This is a great project to experiment with luxurious fibers like alpaca and silk. Inspired by the much-adored Sophie Scarf, these crochet designs introduce a touch of subtle sophistication to revamp monotonous winter looks. Tailor it to your preference, from a dainty bandana cut to an extended shawl length. This is a crochet trend that’s truly worth continuing.
Sophie Inspired Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Skyward Kerchief by TL Yarn Crafts
- Scout Kerchief by Melissa Fisher
- Saccharine Scarf by Tanya Johnson | The Cozy Knot
- Ribbon Scarf by Yarn & Hooks
- Desert Sunset Mini Scarf by Tara Briggs
6 // Hot Fuzz – Fun & Playful Textured Crochet Trends
Fall for faux fur, mohair, and bouclé this season. These playful textures are making waves in crochet projects, offering a dash of whimsy to your attire. Elevate your wardrobe by blending them with fall staples like wool and cashmere. And don’t overlook your home; a faux fur trim or mohair accent can instantly cozy up any space. Dive into this ‘Hot Fuzz’ crochet trend for a mix of comfort and contemporary style!
Hot Fuzz Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Nakts (Night) Tunisian Sweater by Linda Skuja
- Wildbird Shawl by TL Yarn Crafts
- Bomber Bolena by Ali Maravillas
- Crocheted Matagui Cardigan by Maysa Tomikawa
- Solstice Tree Skirt by TL Yarn Crafts
7 // Neutral Instinct – Timeless Crochet Trends
Creams and browns are not only back but are dominating crochet trends this season. As seen in popular designer collections and top home decor brands, these warm neutrals seamlessly transition across seasonal decor shifts, providing a timeless foundation for both home and wardrobe. Have you spotted a standout pillow on your shopping trip? Complement it by crafting a coordinating neutral pillow to go alongside.
Neutral Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Agnes Sweater Vest by Bethany Lynne
- Diamond Bobble Pillow by DeBrosseNYC
- Dina Cardi by TL Yarn Crafts
- Lamia Wrap by TL Yarn Crafts
- The Drew Throw by I Can Crochet That
8// The Great Outdoors – Crochet Trends for Warmth
Surprise yourself with crochet outerwear! With its thick stitches, crochet perfectly complements outdoor wear silhouettes. Adjust length, sleeve style, and texture to craft a standout piece. Choose heavier yarns, like worsted and bulky, for assured warmth. For early season, a sleeveless poncho like the Patchwork Cardi is ideal. As it gets colder, the Sherpa Sweater by Make and Do Crew, with its pockets, zipper, and hood, provides both style and a polished finish.
Outerwear Crochet Trend Patterns (Top Left to Bottom Right):
- Sherpa Sweater by Jess Coppom
- Snow Bloom Faux Fur Coat by Grace Forthefrills
- Patchwork Cardi by TL Yarn Crafts
- Sawyer Shacket by Courtney A Clark
- Wip Wednesday Cal Lakeside Coatigan by Lee Sartori
Crochet Trends may come and go, but the joy of crafting something beautiful and functional is timeless. What are your must-try trends for this fall? Let us know in the comments below!