As a crocheter, there’s nothing I love more than browsing the aisles of a craft store. Especially my local JOANN. They have everything to fulfill your creative needs. And they also have plenty of ways to keep your trip within your budget. Keep reading for 5 ways to save big when shopping at JOANN!
This post contains affiliate links that support the content on TLYCBlog.com. All opinions are my own. Find my Privacy & Disclosures Policy here.
If I’m being honest, I feel a little spoiled to live in Columbus, Ohio right now. JOANN opened not one, but TWO new concept stores here just this year. The store’s new layout invites you to weave in and out of different departments while planning your next projects.
I had the opportunity to host a workshop at a recent JOANN grand opening at the Dublin, Ohio store, which is just a short drive from my home. I joined in with shoppers to make fun tasseled keychains.
All of the materials were found at JOANN, including the cotton rope, embroidery floss, and the split rings. Each keychain was a little bit different and everyone seemed to have a lot of FUN!
I find myself at JOANN at least once per week (often MUCH more than that…) to browse new yarns, replenish my stash of notions, and even to pick up new craft books and learn skills. Since I visit so often, I’m always looking for a way to keep my craft spending in check (as best as I can, anyway).
If you love to splurge at JOANN like I do, try these 5 methods to keep a couple of dollars in your pocket on your next trip:
1 // Sign up for texts, emails, and mailings
If you want to be in the know about sales, coupons, and events, signing up to hear directly from JOANN is your best bet. Complete THIS form and you’ll have all of your bases covered.
2 // Download the JOANN App
The revamped JOANN app is pretty amazing. In addition to money-saving coupons, you can also shop all of JOANN’s departments, view the weekly ad, and get inspiration from projects uploaded by JOANN users. Find the JOANN app in the Google Play Store and in the iOS App Store.
3 // Join the JOANN Smiles reward program
The JOANN Smiles reward program is completely free to use and helps you take advantage of bonus discounts, birthday rewards, and special surprises. I use my rewards to earn additional $10 off coupons almost every month! Sign up for JOANN Smiles here or in your JOANN app.
4 // Price Matching & Competitors Coupons
JOANN is all about saving you money! They’ll honor competitors coupons and even price match competitors promotions on identical items. Some restrictions apply. See JOANN’s full coupon policy here.
5 // Shop Clearance Throughout the Store
Look out for clearance products dotted all around the store, but especially on outside end caps. You can often find huge discounts on seasonal items near the tail end of the season (for example, save on summer kids’ crafts around August/September). This is an especially good strategy for saving money if you visit JOANN often. You can also find tons of clearance items on JOANN.com.
BONUS: Specialty Discounts
JOANN is always looking to support a great cause. See if you qualify for any of these specialty discounts on top of the savings mentioned above:
- Teacher Rewards: Save an additional 15% off every day. Learn more here.
- Military Rewards: Save an additional 15% off every day. Learn more here.
- Girl Scout Rewards: Save an additional 15% off every day AND a portion of your purchase is donated to support the Girl Scouts. Girl Scout members, their parents, volunteers, and employees are eligible. Learn more here.
- JOANN+: Save an additional 5% off purchases of $500 or more every day when you buy in bulk. Also includes perks like bulk pricing discounts, dedicated customer service, and direct shipping. Learn more here.
- Tax-Exempt Status: JOANN honors those who fall into eligible groups for tax-exempt purchasing. Specific affiliations include those purchasing for Resale (*great if you vend at craft markets!*), Non-Profit, Government, and Religious organizations. A profile and proof of affiliation is required. Learn more here.
With all that savings, I know you’re already planning your next JOANN trip! If you find yourself in the central Ohio area anytime soon, be sure to drop by the new concept stores in Polaris and Dublin – they’re well worth the detour.