The smooth fabric of the Tunisian Crochet Full Stitch makes it a fan favorite of makers. Add some flavor to this lovely stitch by incorporating not 1 but 2 of your favorite colors!
This post contains affiliate links that support the content on TLYCBlog.com. All opinions are my own. Find my Privacy & Disclosures Policy here.
Like the Tunisian mesh Stitch and knit stitch, the Tunisian crochet full stitch is one of those stitch patterns that’s not only beautiful but also easy for beginners to learn. When it’s time to graduate to more exciting techniques, adding color is a great option. the 3-color Tunisian crochet full stitch is a great option to achieve an ombre effect or even to use up those extra bits of yarn you have laying around.
The Tunisian crochet full stitch is a 2 row repeat that makes a smooth, almost woven looking fabric. I adore this stitch for it’s modern look and great stretch.
Ready to try the exciting Tunisian Crochet Full Stitch?! Grab your crochet hooks and watch this video:
Learn even more Tunisian crochet with these helpful videos:
- Tunisian Crochet for Absolute Beginners [watch here]
- How to Choose and Use Tunisian Crochet Hooks [watch here]
- 5 More Tunisian Crochet Stitches to Try [watch here]
Holiday Tunisian Sampler Blanket – Full Stitch Square Pattern
This tutorial was made as a supplement to the Full Stitch Square as part of the Tunisian Holiday Sampler Blanket. Find the full pattern to make your square below.
Join the Holiday TCAL 2020 event! This free crochet along to make the Tunisian Holiday Sampler Blanket runs from October to November 2020. Get full details in this blog post and join the fun!
Full Stitch Square Pattern
*Get the printable PDF version of the Tunisian Holiday Sampler Blanket pattern HERE.
- Worsted weight yarn – colors A, C, and D
- 6.5mm Tunisian crochet hook with 16″ cord
- 6mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
12 x 12 inches square after blocking
The gauge varies for each square of the Tunisian Holiday Sampler Blanket. Reference the starting chain stitch multiple to make adjustments to your square. All squares should measure about 11.5″ square before the border is added.
- 2sc = 2 single crochet in the same stitch (increase made)
- Ch(s) = chain(s)
- Lts = last Tunisian stitch (see Special Stitches below)
- Rep = repeat
- RetP = return pass
- Sc = single crochet
- Sc2tog = single crochet 2 together (decrease made)
- Sk = skip
- St(s) = stitch(es)
- Tfs = Tunisian full stitch
- Yo = yarn over
- Last Tunisian Stitch (Lts) – insert hook under BOTH vertical bars of the last stitch and complete as for Tunisian simple stitch
- Return Pass (RetP) – ch 1, (yo, pull through the next 2 loops) until only one loop remains on the hook
Work the Full Stitch over any number of stitches.
PATTERN NOTE: Carry all yarn colors up the work when not in use. Do not cut yarn between rows until instructed otherwise.
To ensure that all squares of the Tunisian Holiday Sampler Blanket will join evenly, apply the Standard Border. All squares need to have 35 single crochet stitches on each size. This means you will have to increase the number of edge stitches in some cases, and decrease the number of edge stitches in other places.
- To increase the number of stitches along an edge, evenly place 2sc increases along the edge where needed.
- To decrease the number of stitches along an edge, evenly place sc2tog decreases along the edge where needed.
ROW 1: With C and 6.5mm corded hook, ch 40, pull up a loop in the back bump of the 2nd ch from hook and each remaining ch, RetP, cc to A when 2 loops are left on the hook.
ROW 2: Pull up a loop in the sp between 1st and 2nd st, pull up a loop in each sp to the sp before the last st, sk sp, Lts, RetP, cc to D when 2 loops are left on the hook.
ROW 3: Pull up a loop in the sp between the 2nd and 3rd st, pull up a loop in each sp across row, Lts, RetP, cc to C when 2 loops are left on the hook.
Rep Rows 2 and 3 to 11.5″. My square had 36 rows total. To achieve the striping effect, change color at the end of the return pass in this order: C, A, D.
At the end of the last row, slip stitch in each front vertical bar loosely to bind off. Do not cut yarn.
- Change to 6mm crochet hook and ensure the square is facing right side up.
- Ch 1 (does not count as a stitch), single crochet 35 stitches evenly across the first edge of the square, placing increases and decreases where needed. At corner, ch 2 and rotate to work along the next edge.
- Single crochet 35 stitches evenly across the edge, placing increases and decreases where needed. At corner, ch 2 and rotate to work along the next edge.
- Repeat Step 3 for the remaining 2 sides. At the end of the round, join with a slip stitch in the first single crochet of the round. Fasten off and block your finished square to 12″ x 12″.
Click HERE to access stitch patterns for the other squares in the Tunisian Holiday Sampler Blanket.