Need a quick and easy project to learn Tunisian crochet? Baby, you’re in luck! Meet the Kensington Tote Bag, a FREE Tunisian crochet tote bag pattern from The Tunisian Crochet Handbook!
My very first book, The Tunisian Crochet Handbook, is chock full of fun patterns that are super easy, even for beginners. The Kensington Tote Bag is one of those patterns! Made with chunky yarn and a large hook, you’ll finish in no time. And, with a bit of yarn leftover, you can start your next one. Keep scrolling for the free Kensington Tote Bag tutorial.
This post contains affiliate links that support the content on TLYCBlog.com. All opinions are my own. Find my Privacy & Disclosures Policy here.
Get The Kensington Tote Bag Pattern
Find the Kensington Tote Bag written pattern inside The Tunisian Crochet Handbook.
- SIGNED COPY: Signed copies of The Tunisian Crochet Handbook are available in my shop.
- AMAZON: Get your Tunisian Crochet Handbook fast with Prime shipping.
- INTERNATIONAL: Find links to international booksellers here.
- DIGITAL: Find a digital copy on Amazon, Apple Books, or your local library.
Beginner Tunisian Crochet Tote Bag
Tunisian crochet is a hybrid of traditional crochet and knitting. It uses a long tool like in knitting, but that tool has a bent tip like a crochet hook. This method can be fun to learn and explore, adding new techniques and stitches to your toolkit.
Many are interested in learning Tunisian crochet but might not know where to start. The Kensington Tote Bag is the perfect beginner project for taking on this challenge. This crochet tote bag is the perfect size to carry your laptop when working remotely or to bring home a few books after a trip to the library.
There’s a lot to love about the Kensington Tote Bag. The sturdy stitches and comfortable handle of this crochet tote bag are just a few of its key features. I also love the modern look of color blocking used here. And don’t let your eyes deceive you – this bag may look knit, but that is the magic of Tunisian crochet!
Find even more beginner-friendly patterns inside The Tunisian Crochet Handbook.
Start Your Project
Made in just one piece with minimal seaming and finishing, the Kensington Tote Bag is here to carry your heaviest load. Modern color blocking and knit-look stitching produce a crochet tote bag that looks like you bought it – but you made it!
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick (category 6) super bulky weight yarn. A – 85 yards; B – 175 yards. The original sample uses Succulent and Fisherman; the video sample uses Dreamcatcher and Fairy.
- 12mm Tunisian crochet hook with short cord (try this hook and cord combo)
- Tapestry needle
- Steam blocking supplies (learn about steam blocking with THIS helpful guide)
13.5″ wide x 15″ tall
4″ = 7 sts x 9 rows in Tks pattern, unblocked
TUTORIAL VIDEO: Follow along with this tutorial video. Find a written version of the pattern inside The Tunisian Crochet Handbook.
Thanks for joining me to make the Kensington Tote Bag. I am so proud of every design inside The Tunisian Crochet Handbook, and this project is no exception. Please consider supporting my work by purchasing a physical or digital version of my book.
MORE FROM THE TUNISIAN CROCHET HANDBOOK: