Something about the summer gets me energized to crochet. If you’re in the mood to put those hooks to good use, I’ve got over 50 patterns from some of the best designers in the business. This list has cardigans, tops, wraps, toys, things for baby, and everything in between. Take a look to add a few of these patterns to your queue!
This post contains affiliate links that support the content on TLYCBlog.com. All opinions are my own. Find my Privacy & Disclosures Policy here.
In the dog days of summer, I love cranking up the A/C, finding a funny movie on TV (Starsky & Hutch, anyone?!), and tucking into a great crochet project. Sometimes it’s tough to know what to make next, so I compiled over 50 of my current favorite crochet projects for you to pick from. Scroll through to discover new designers and fall in love with your next work in progress.
Cardigans + Coverups
Whether it’s time to hit the pool or the boardwalk, these extra layers keep you cool and stylish.
- 1 // Trinity Cropped Cardi by Sierras Crochet Crafts [LINK]
- 2 // Driftwood Coverup by The Queen Stitch [LINK]
- 3 // Denim Breeze Vest by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 4 // Shoreline Ruana by Little Red Knits [LINK]
- 5 // Sandbar Cardi by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
When the weather heats up, it’s time to show off that summer skin. Try one of these tees and tanks and let the glow of the sun warm your shoulders.
- 1 // Rebel Cami by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 2 // Tessellation Tee by Stephanie Erin [LINK]
- 3 // Dragonfly Tee by Desamour Designs [LINK]
- 4 // Lemonade Top by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 5 // Pride Tank by I Love Tinderbox [LINK]
- 6 // Tied and True Tee by Two Brothers Blankets [LINK]
Crochet + cotton go together like PB+J (and you can use most of these patterns to clean up that sticky jam stain on the counter…).
- 1 // Hanging Planter Pods by Yarnspirations [LINK]
- 2 // Mason Jar Cover by Yarn + Chai [LINK]
- 3 // T-Shirt Yarn Rug by Evelyn and Peter [LINK]
- 4 // Woodland Dishcloth by Oak and Willow LLC [LINK]
- 5 // Dishie Towel by Woods and Wool [LINK]
Around the House
Once the weather warms up, I love adding pops of color to my otherwise neutral home decor. These are just a few of the patterns I found to put you in the summer mood.
- 1 // Bright Side Blanket by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 2 // Ombre Dream Pillow by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 3 // Pouf for Laze by Leah Gordon [LINK]
- 4 // Boho Wall Hanging by Creating in the Mitten [LINK]
- Sand Dollar Afghan by Rohn Strong [LINK]
Let’s face it – any time of year is a great time to whip up a crochet doll, but this lot is especially ready for the summer season.
- 1 // 4 Seasons Summer by Lalylala [LINK]
- 2 // Aki The Cat by Hainchan [LINK]
- 3 // Bunny Pumpkin by Lulu Loves the Moon [LINK]
- 4 // Star Amigurumi by Knot Bad [LINK]
- 5 // Echo the Whale by Nicole Chase [LINK]
Are you enjoying this roundup? Click to pin this post on Pinterest so you don’t lose any of these patterns!
Shawls + Wraps
On the offchance that you can take a stroll on a beautifully cool summer night, wrap one of these lightweight shawls around your shoulders and show off your crochet skills.
- 1 // Skye Shawl by Jolene Dsouza [LINK]
- 2 // Carillon Shawl by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 3 // Savannah Summer Shawl by Knot Bad Britt [LINK]
- 4 // Bougainvillea Shawl by Mamma DIY Patterns [LINK]
- 5 // Monti Wrap by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
Short on time but still want to get your crochet fix? Try one of these super quick patterns and bust some stash!
- 1 // Vintage Bandana by Brittany Alice [LINK]
- 2 // On the Go Straw Pouch by Alita Danette Crochet [LINK]
- 3 // Inside/Out Sunglass Pouch by Crochet Qutie [LINK]
- 4 // Hexi Puff Coasters by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 5 // Wrap Bracelet by Crafting for Weeks [LINK]
No crochet WIP list is complete without at least one Tunisian crochet project. Give these a try – they’re all beginner-friendly!
- 1 // Daydream Shawl by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 2 // Simple Summer Dishcloth by Stitch and Unwind [LINK]
- 3 // Tunisian Knit Scrunchie by Little Owl Designs [LINK]
- 4 // Obtuse Shawl by Detroit Knots [LINK]
- 5 // Double Take Tunisian Tank by Kay Krochets [LINK]
Hats + Bags
Need a hat to protect you from the brutal summer sun? Or a bag to hold all of your day trip goodies (like snacks and yarn, obviously)? I’ve got the perfect patterns for you!
- 1 // Catalina Tote by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 2 // Cleo Fedora by Make And Do Crew [LINK]
- 3 // Lakeside Head Wrap by Rin Knits [LINK]
- 4 // Summer Drawstring Bag by Colorful Christine [LINK]
- 5 // Field Trip Tote by Two of Wands [LINK]
- 6 // Flower Child Beanie by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
And last, but not least, a collection of patterns for the babes of summer.
- 1 // Crochet Flower Headband by Make And Do Crew [LINK]
- 2 // Creamsicle Crochet Baby Blanket by Noors Knits [LINK]
- 3 // Daphne Afghan by TL Yarn Crafts [LINK]
- 4 // Summer Diamonds Toddler Dress by 1 Dog Woof [LINK]
- 5 // Bias Tunisian Baby Blanket [LINK]
Thanks for checking out my roundup. I can’t wait to sink my hooks into a few of these myself. Did I miss one of your favorite patterns? Let me know your top crochet summer patterns in the comments!